Welcome to the Leg Ulcers Website
This website will provide you with up to date information about Leg Ulcers, explaining both treatment and prevention - and how we can CURE most leg ulcers nowadays. Why?
- About 120,000 people are suffering from leg ulcers today in the UK
- About 500,000 people get recurrent leg ulcers in the UK
- Approximately half of the people could be permanently cured - if they saw a specialist vascular surgeon and had specialist surgery
- A very large number of people are slowly developing leg ulcers - and most never get the advice they need to prevent the ulcers developing
Most people with leg ulcers, or who are at risk of getting leg ulcers, never see a specialist vascular surgeon and so never get a chance to be cured.
Those with leg ulcers get into the routine of recurrent dressings and bandages - this temporarily heals the ulcer, which then breaks down again and again and again. Those at risk of leg ulcers are sent away with skin creams or pressure stockings, allowing the skin to worsen and the ulcer to develop.
The purpose of this site is:
- to inform patients with leg ulcers what can be done for them
- to inform people at risk of ulceration what they should do
- to give people an idea of who is suitable for treatment and what results that they should expect
Our hope in developing this site is that many people who have given up hope of getting rid of the leg ulcers will be able to find a cure - and that people who are at risk of developing leg ulcers realise the fact and seek specialist help before they develop their leg ulcers.
This site is written by: The Specialist Vascular Consultants at The Whiteley Clinic.